GP Pro ThinkLab Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice details how we, Georgia-Pacific LLC and our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners may collect, use, and share information about you as you participate in the GP Pro ThinkLab community, including our online communications with you and market research surveys.
Information we collect
We collect information about you by several means, including:
- asking you to provide the information, for example by filling out a form or survey;
- by automated means, such as cookies and beacons; and
- by obtaining information from third parties, such as data vendors.
We collect both personal information, that is, information that identifies you, and other information that is not connected to your identity.
How we use and share your information
We use your information to communicate with you about market research surveys and activities, to get your feedback on our products and services, to manage and improve our business and our online presence, and for other purposes we describe in the Privacy Notice. We may share your information with certain service providers and business partners, if we are required to provide the data by law, or as part of the sale of any portion of our company. We do not share your personal information with third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We offer you certain choices about how we collect, use, and share information about you and how we communicate with you, including choices regarding:
- receiving market research and other communications from Georgia-Pacific;
- sharing your information with certain third parties; and
- sharing the geographic location details of your mobile device.
This Privacy Notice details how we, Georgia-Pacific LLC and our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners may collect, use, and share information about you as you participate in our GP PRO ThinkLab community.
How We Collect Information
When you participate in our GP PRO ThinkLab community, we may collect information about you from various sources and by various means. Specifically, we may obtain information about you:
- When you establish an account or submit a completed survey
- When you contact us by email, phone, or other means
- When you use our GP PRO ThinkLab mobile enabled website and applications
- When you choose to participate in third-party applications or features (such as a feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect and share (or the third party to collect and share) information about you, including personal information
- When GP PRO ThinkLab users give us information about you, for example if a user refers you to us (e.g., “Refer a Colleague”)
- From our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, and business partners
- From other third parties, such as commercial data vendors, public databases, and other public and non-public sources
In addition to the information you provide directly to us and the data we obtain from third parties, our GP PRO ThinkLab community site uses a variety of technologies to automatically collect the usage information described in the “Information We Collect” section below. We collect usage information through:
- Cookies. Our websites may place “cookies” on your device and access these cookies during subsequent uses. Furthermore, our websites may allow third parties to place and access cookies on your device. Our websites may also identify cookies of third parties that are present on your computer. Cookies enable us and third parties to identify your specific device on subsequent visits to our sites and third party sites. By identifying returning visitors, we can obtain more precise usage data, provide customized versions of our sites, and store your preferences. Our sites may also set and access cookies that retain personal information, such as your login credentials for our sites.
- Referrer headers. We may record referrer headers when you follow links to our web services. A web browser sends a referrer header to a destination site when the user clicks on a link to that site. The header contains the Internet address or URL of the site linking to the destination site. The referrer header may provide information about your interaction with the linking site. For example, if you follow a link to our GP PRO ThinkLab community from an email, we may be able to determine how you reached our site. We use this information to improve our web services.
- Beacons and trackers. We may send you communications containing, and certain pages on our websites may contain, “web beacons” (also known as “Internet tags,” “pixel tags,” “tracking beacons,” and “clear GIFs.”) A web beacon is a small or invisible image included in a web page or email that allows the person hosting the beacon to determine when the page or email has been viewed. That person may also be able to set or access cookies on your device. Web beacons may also collect usage information.
Types of Information We Collect
When you participate in our GP PRO ThinkLab community, we may ask for, and you may choose to provide, personal information that could be used to identify you as an individual. We also may obtain personal information about you from third parties. Examples of personal information we may collect include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, or telephone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and education)
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device you are using to access our GP PRO ThinkLab community site, if you allow your device to provide it automatically
- Contact information of colleagues or other people you would like us to contact
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
We also collect usage information, that is, information about how our GP PRO ThinkLab community is used and accessed, and information about the device you are using to access the service. This usage information may include:
- Pages you view, links you click, and selections you make, if the service is a website
- Your browser’s HTTP referrer header, in the case of a website
- Features you use, preferences you set, and selections you make, if the service is provided through a mobile application
- Your web browser type and version, if the service is a website
- The operating system type and version of the device you are using to access the service
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using to access the Georgia-Pacific provided service
We may also determine additional information about you from usage information, such as your general geographical location or your Internet service provider based on your Internet protocol address.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we obtain about you in connection with your participation in the GP PRO ThinkLab community to:
- Communicate with you about market research surveys and activities, our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you; we may communicate with you via GP PRO ThinkLab services or email
- Provide you with the specific services that you request or send samples to you in certain cases
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business
- Gather your feedback about and improve our products, services, programs, and GP PRO ThinkLab community features and services
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and with our policies
We may combine information we collect from various sources, such as service providers and business partners, with personal information we collect from you. We treat this combined information, in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How We Share Your Information
We will not provide any of your personal information to any third parties without your consent except as described in this notice. We may also share your information as disclosed at the time you provide it and in the following circumstances:
- Third party service providers. In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through the services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section of this Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information or usage information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as companies or individuals that: host or operate our sites; analyze data; provide customer service; mail product samples or manage payments; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance (such as in connection with winner selection, rewards fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list).
- Sharing with your consent. Our services may present you with the opportunity to opt in to receive information or to otherwise consent to the sharing of your information with third parties. If you agree to have your personal information shared, your personal information will be disclosed to the third party subject to the privacy notice and business practices of that third party.
- Market research partners. In some cases, we may permit certain market research partners to access personal information collected in connection with the GP PRO ThinkLab community. In addition, our business partners may access personal information about you that we have combined with such business partners’ data. We may collaborate with our business partners to jointly send tailored market research communications to you using the combined set of information. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can opt out by following the instructions included in any such communication.
- Non-personal information. We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and usage information with third parties.
- Business transfers. We may disclose your personal information, usage information, and other information about you to parties acquiring part or all of our assets, as well as to attorneys and consultants. If we transfer your information to an acquirer, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the acquirer to use your information in a manner that is consistent with this notice. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your information may be considered a company asset that may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Disclosures required by law. We may transfer and disclose your information to third parties (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, (iii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, (iv) to verify or enforce our policies, (v) to respond to an emergency, or (vi) otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, users of our services or the public.
Some of our GP PRO ThinkLab community features enable you to submit your own content for public posting. Information you post in this fashion becomes public information and is not subject to this Privacy Notice. We cannot control how others may use publicly-posted information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and share the information, and how we communicate with you. We do not charge for opt out service. To help protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID.
You may opt out of (i) sharing your personal information with third parties for those parties’ own purposes, (ii) using your personal information to provide you with information or offers; and (iii) receiving newsletters, emails or other communications by clicking here or writing to:
Georgia-Pacific LLC Attention: Privacy Office P.O. Box 105605 Atlanta, GA 30348 USA
In addition, you have the following specific opt out choices:
- Market research communications. You may also opt out of specific communications (such as market research email communication we send) by following the opt out instructions contained in the communication.
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. However, rejecting cookies may affect your user experience and you may not be able to access certain features of our sites. In addition, disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics.
- Geographic location. When you use applications, such as the GP PRO ThinkLab app, on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
While we will take all reasonable steps to honor your choices with respect to your personal information, you should be aware that it is not always possible to delete all of your information for technical reasons. For example, we may store personal information in long-term archives or backups or retain an identifier to honor your opt out choices. We will continue to send you service-related communications and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law. In addition, we may delete records containing personal information from time to time and we disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the deletion of personal information.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information (whether collected online or offline) with our affiliates for their marketing purposes, if the affiliates are separate legal entities. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and subject to certain exceptions and limitations, Californians can contact Georgia-Pacific LLC to exercise the rights described below with respect to certain personal information that Georgia-Pacific LLC holds about them. To the extent those rights apply to you, they are described below.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that we provide you with details about the personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell. You can submit a verifiable consumer request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Georgia-Pacific LLC reserves the right to verify your identity to our satisfaction, including by asking you to log into your account if you have one.
You are entitled to receive the following:
- The categories of your personal information that Georgia-Pacific LLC has collected in the preceding 12 months
- The categories of sources from which that information was collected
- The business/commercial purpose for the collection or selling
- The categories of third parties with whom Georgia-Pacific LLC shares personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information Georgia-Pacific LLC has collected about you (subject to some exceptions)
Because Georgia-Pacific LLC may have disclosed or sold (as those words are defined in the CCPA) personal information to third parties in the last 12 months, you are also entitled to receive:
- The categories of personal information that Georgia-Pacific LLC has disclosed or sold in the past 12 months
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected about you (subject to some exceptions). You can submit your request as described above, and we reserve the right to conduct the verification described above.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have the right not to receive unlawful discriminatory treatment by Georgia-Pacific LLC for the exercise of your privacy rights under the CCPA.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by Georgia-Pacific LLC. You can submit a verifiable consumer request by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
List of Categories of Personal Information to be Collected and May Have Been Sold or Disclosed
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Georgia-Pacific LLC collects personal information from participants during and after registration with a platform, including, without limitation, during participation in a project and related to the fulfillment of incentives to the participant.
The categories of personal information we may collect include:
- “Identifiers” such as
- Telephone number(s) (including home, cell, and/or business telephone numbers)
- Email address(es)
- Date of birth
- Internet Protocol address
- Unique device identification number (such as identifiers for analytics or advertising)
- Network provider user ID (a number uniquely allocated to you by your network provider)
- Media Access Control (MAC) address
- International Mobile Equipment Identity
- Unique cookie identifiers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, and other information collected through automated means such as:
- Information about your device (e.g., device operating system, the other applications on your device, device network provider, device type, time zone, network status, browser type, browser identifier and other information that alone or in combination may be used to uniquely identify your device)
- Cookies and similar technology
- Social media information
- Log files
- Digital fingerprinting
- Browsing activity
- Other behavioral information
- Additional content/material you submit, including photos, videos and/or similar content
- Characteristics of potentially protected classifications under California, federal or international law (e.g., health and medical conditions, sexual orientation or sexual life, political opinions/views, race/ethnic origin, gender, religious and philosophical beliefs and trade-union membership)
- Demographic information
All of the information above was collected for the purposes of the platform project. In CCPA terms, these purposes include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient uses;
- Performing or using services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling webshop orders, providing or using analytic services, or providing or using similar services;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of services and devices, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance services and devices; and
- Facilitating the operational purposes of CMNTY Platform.
Categories of Personal Information that May Have Been Sold:
Georgia-Pacific LLC may have sold all of the above categories of personal information in the last 12 months.
Categories of Personal Information that Were Disclosed:
Georgia-Pacific LLC may have disclosed all of the above categories of personal information in the last 12 months.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Our services may link to other services that we do not control, including to services of sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. To the extent that any linked services are not provided by any Georgia-Pacific companies covered by this Privacy Notice, we do not control, recommend or endorse and we are not responsible for these services or their privacy policies or practices. These services may or may not have their own privacy notices or policies, or have privacy practices that differ from ours, so consult the privacy policies of those third party sites as we have no control over the use, dissemination or security of personal information you submit to them. The linked services may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information. You may configure your browser to reject cookies from our sites and cookies from third parties. However, rejecting cookies may affect your user experience and you may be unable to access certain features of our sites.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Our GP PRO ThinkLab community is hosted by CMNTY, Inc. (“CMNTY”). We require CMNTY by contract to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or that we acquire.
Consent to Transfer and Processing of Your Personal Information
We operate our GP PRO ThinkLab community in the United States and we may transfer your information to the United States or other countries for storage and processing. By using this site, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence or citizenship.
Our GP PRO ThinkLab community is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 without parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please let us know immediately so we can take appropriate action.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you wish to view, verify, correct, or update any of your personal information collected through our community, you may edit your profile. In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
Please review our privacy notice periodically, as we may change it at any time and without prior notice to you. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting unless otherwise indicated. We will post a notice on the services to notify you of any significant changes to this notice. The date below indicates when this notice was last changed.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by clicking here or writing to: Georgia-Pacific LLC Attention: Privacy Office P.O. Box 105605 Atlanta, GA 30348 USA
Last updated: September 10, 2021
©2021 Georgia-Pacific Professional. All rights reserved.